Part 3: Advanced Functions
In addition to the basic drawing functions, Cinder includes a slew of advanced functions to help you do some more interesting things with your code.
- calcBoundingBox(): Calculates the bounding box of the path, including all handle point positions.
- calcPreciseBoundingBox(): Calculates the bounding box of the the resulting path, minus handle point positions.
- contains(): Determines if a given point is within the area of the path.
- transformed(): Returns a copy of the path with the specified transform matrix applied.
- subdivide(): Returns an array of points subdividing the path's curves based on the given tolerance.